With July 4th just around the corner, we’ve got red, white and blue on the brain. Whether you’ll be showing your true American pride by wearing stars and stripes or will be taking a more subtle route by sporting the classic color combination, Independence Day is the perfect excuse to get festive (and eat lots of dessert while watching fireworks and listening to Miley’s “Party in the USA”). No matter how you plan to celebrate, these 22 ways to rock red, white and blue are sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
1. Seeing Stars Sweater ($198): This adorably oversized sweater reminds us of a vintage flag and is perfect for starry, summer nights.
2. Pastel Heart Tank & Clutch Set ($84): Who says your red, white and blue hues have to be saturated? These soft pastel flag pieces make lovely separates and an even cuter pair.
3. American Flag Cap ($29): Printed hats are way hot right now, so why not rock two trends with one purchase?
4. Stitchmosaic Shift Dress ($158): Summer months always call for an easy cotton tunic. We love how the intricate embroidery gives a vintage feel while still remaining completely modern.
5. USA Sneakers ($19): Here’s a pair of shoes that definitely show off some USA pride. Who knew mismatched sneakers could be so cool?
6. American Flag Pocket Shorts ($8): Denim cutoffs are a summer staple, but these days it’s all about the rips and frays. While one thigh sports stars and the other rocks stripes, these shorts make for a very patriotic outfit choice.
7. Silk Striped Tee ($90): This soft and drapey varsity tee is a closet must. Pair it with jeans for a casual weekend look or with a midi skirt for a chic office outfit.
8. Suede Tassel Vest ($330): You’ve got to rep the wild wild west when celebrating the good old U-S of A. This half-boho, half-cowgirl suede vest has super longfringe and is patchworked with stars and stripes.
9. Day at the Dock Backpack ($42): It’s no secret that patriotic and nautical prints go hand-in-hand, but hands aren’t needed to carry around this cute accessory.
10. Lady Liberty Cardigan ($66): A flag-printed garment may seem obvious for the 4th, but this oversized cardigan is one you can rock all year long.
11. Striped Sweater Tank ($20): There’s not a ton of things that $20 can buy you these days, so you should snag this striped tank while you still can. We love how it looks with ripped or white jeans for a red, white and blue bash.
12. USA Flag Tote ($18): A screen printed tote is the perfect addition to your bag collection, and this baby goes with just about everything. Use it at the beach, the grocery store or as your go-to carry-all.
13. American Flag Denim Shirt ($21): Want to rock stars and stripes without being so obvious? This printed denim blouse is the perfect blend of edgy and traditional.
14. Americana Beaded Headwrap ($18): If you’re going all-out for the holiday, this beaded flag headband will put you over the top. Plus, it’s a great accessory to keep around for festival season!
15. High-Top Sneaker ($65): Show your USA pride with a pair of patriotic printed sneakers from Vans. One side displays stripes while the other shows stars.
16. Gingham Check Blouse ($168): We’ve already established our love for gingham, but this Steven Alan blouse brings that love to another level. We like to call this lumberjack-chic.
17. Sweet Charity Bag ($1,055): For a more posh take on the color combo, opt for this Christian Louboutin PVC bag with studs and a gold metal chain. Red, white and blue have never looked so stylish.
18. Printed Runner Shorts ($39): You don’t need to dress in stars and stripes to show your July 4th spirit. Opt for a red, white and blue printed piece like this for a less obvious approach.
19. Short-Sleeved Flag Vest ($145): We couldn’t have a USA roundup without including the godfather of American fashion, Ralph Lauren. This cozy knit vest has a cool fringed trim and instantly pumps up the Americana factor of any outfit.
20. Flag-Print String Bikini ($40): If you’re headed to the beach or pool for the 4th of July, this swimsuit is sure to let everyone know you’re in the holiday spirit.
21. 620 Sneakers ($80): Colorful sneakers are having a major moment right now, and these red, white and blue kicks are no exception.
22. American Flag Infinity Scarf ($38): Add a finishing touch to your look by throwing on a printed scarf. It’s perfect for adding a hint of color and patriotism to your look.
We all knew that Blake Lively was a spurring It Girl, ever since she took the TV drama Gossip Girl by storm as the heiress/rebel Serena Van Der Woodsen. Her impeccable Kate Moss inspired look has long captured our (and heart-throb Ryan Reynolds’) hearts. A staple at Cannes, Blake has been spotted mingling with fashion legends Karl Lagerfeld and Anna Wintour at NY Fashion week, making us totally green with envy. And since we’re busy girl crushing on her gorgeous blond hair, never overdone makeup and effortless bombshell style — we thought we’d bring you 15 of her best beauty, hair and style moments.
1. Sunkissed Glow: She isn’t called the Golden Girl for nothing! Blake’s ever-present natural tan is so California chic. Lucky for you, we’ve broken down the whole tan-without-sun-burn conundrum.
2. Smokey Eye: The starlet rocked this look at her first Chanel red carpet. Her very own makeup artist commented that she “wanted her eyes to be dark and sexy, but the rest of her face to be light and fresh.” Master your very own smokey with our
3. The Bold Lip: A hot-pink lip looks so effortlessly fashionable. Rocking this trend is a must right now. Keep the rest of your face natural, so all eyes are on your pout.
4. Contoured Chic: Blake credited her high cheekbones and exquisite bone structure to an expert contouring job during the 2008 Met Gala. We are totally digging her amazing foundation application that makes her look flawless.
5. Red Lips: We’ve totally established the fact that red lips are the number one key to fierceness. We are loving the modern take on this classic color.
6. Classic Beachy Waves: Moving on to hair, Blake continuously wows us with her locks. This vintage hairstyle sort of channels Bridget Bardot, don’t you think?
7. Messy Chignon: Goodness gracious, Blake! Has this girl ever had a bad hair day? The little braids in her hair are beyond unique and super intricate.
8. Side Fishtail: By now you’ve mastered the fishtail braid, right? This innovative hairstyle dazzled the masses a few years ago when Blake wore this look on the red carpet. We love the gold embellishment, which you can go ahead and DIY.
9. Ponytail Braid: Blake recently was spotted with this sleek hairstyle during the Cannes Film Festival. We are drooling over her gorgeous drop earrings and her perfectly undone braid.
10. Blowout Beauty: We can’t stop obsessing over this girl’s blowout! It perfectly combines her beachy style with her sophisticated reputation.
11. Red Lace Dahlia Dress ($595): Nothing can ruffle this It Girl’s feathers! We adore the lace paneling and red/nude contrast.
12. One-Shoulder Beaded Dress ($298): Do you remember when Blake one handedly awed the movie industry with her gorgeous Grecian-inspired gown? We do! The one shoulder silhouette looks dazzling on all figures.
13. Jersey Knit Dress ($107): One of her more recent looks, this spokeswoman for Gucci’s burgundy stunner made everyone’s jaw dropped. The color is and will continue to be so hot this year.
14. Tea Laced Sheath Dress ($325): Channeling all ’60s bombshells, Blake strutted the red carpet at the CFDA awards. We are lusting over the beautiful scallopedbottoms and overall cuts of both dresses.
15. ASOS Asymmetric Dress with Step Hem ($124): One of our favorites of the Cannes, Lively reigned the red carpet with this youthful dress, while providing a bit of fun and quirk to the French film festival. Asymmetrical hemlines FTW.