Just when you thought you had your swimsuit shopping plan down pact, Target’s latest line is going to make you completely rethink your summer color palette. In a collaboration with Hawaiian swimwear designer Tori Praver, whose alluringly feminine silhouettes have caught the eye of celebs like Jessica Alba and Megan Fox, ethereal hues like sandy taupe, seafoam green and seashell pink take the place of typical summer sun neons. Consider that officially added to the list of 2015’s biggest swimsuit trends.
Called Tori Praver Seafoam, the 30-piece collection includes mix-and-match separates, modern swimsuits and breezy coverups that feature Praver’s signature sweet-but-daring details. You think you’re not a ruffles kind of girl until you see the kind of flattering things the well-placed flounce can do for your beach bod. The same goes for flirty closures like scarf-tie bottoms or lace-up backs on one-pieces that will make your day in the sand feel more luxurious than ever.
In true to made-for-Target form, Praver’s styles retail from $35-$55 per piece on target.com and select Target locations in Hawaii — a steal considering suits sold in her eponymous line are priced more than double that. Looks like we’ll be in need of a classier poolside drink than a piña colada to match our ultra refined swimwear this season. Suggestions, anyone?
Bags are one of those things, like shoes, that we can’t help but stock up on. Unlike the latest pant silhouette or top, bags have a tendency to never go out of style. And that right there is your excuse to invest in a new piece (or two!) for spring. While a classic black bag is good all year round, we like the idea of ushering in lighter, brighter colors and fun details like metallic polka dots and fringe for the new season. Whether you need a chic new carryall to tote around your 9 to 5 essentials or a sassy clutch for a night out, here are some of our favorite styles on the market right now.
1. Mad Rabbit Kicking Tiger Carter Backpack ($129): Whether you’re hitting the farmer’s market or heading out of town for a weekend adventure, this trusty pack has plenty of room for all your essentials and then some.
2. Monsoon Capri Wooden Clipframe Bag ($89): This rainbow-colored clutch is the perfect accessory for your spring getaway or any warm weather soiree.
3. ALDO Saddle Across Body Bag With Fringing in Coral Pink ($49): This spacious crossbody is just the right amount of boho chic, with cascades of free-flowing fringe and a bright pink hue to keep things feeling fresh and fun. Take it along for all your weekend plans.
4. Charles Keith Magnetic Closure Sling Bag ($73): Large enough to stow your workday essentials but small enough to carry around as a clutch, this bright blue number is crazy versatile.
5. Atterley Road The Rachel Backpack ($65): Need a bag for both work and play? You’ll get lots of mileage out of this sleek backpack.
6. Clare V. Flat Clutch in Buff Amalfi ($198): Let’s be honest — a quick coffee date doesn’t require a colossal bag. This stylish, ultra-light clutch can hold all your essentials, but won’t weigh you down.
7. COS Panelled Leather Tote ($175): Sturdy handles and a detachable leather strap make it easy (and comfortable) to carry around your laptop and files, while contrast panels and a pale pink color offer a cool alternative to your standard work tote.
8. Jack Wills Pocket Leather Shopper in Pale Gray Color Block ($177): Trade out your college canvas tote for a more grown-up model. This tote has the simple style you love, but boasts soft gray leather and bold color block detailing for a more sophisticated look.
9. J.Crew Parker Crossbody Bag ($75): If you think that neon belongs in the ’80s, we’ve got a bag that will change your mind. Quality leather, timeless design and a roomy interior make this crossbody number practical for whatever is on your agenda, and the vibrant color adds a fun, modern twist.
10. Furla Metropolis Clutch ($348): This ladylike pink clutch is perfect for dinner or date night. The delicate gold chain means you can go totally hands free, so you can easily take on whatever comes your way — like belting it out at late-night karaoke.
11. Kate Sheridan Hex Bag ($240): Architectural and modern, this funky geo-shaped bag is for the girl that wants a minimalist look with statement-making style. Wear it as a crossbody for running errands, then tuck in the straps for an evening-ready oversized clutch.
12. Kate Spade New York Lita Street Andrea Tote ($118): Got your head in the clouds? This stylish tote boasts a dreamy cloud print, but its functionality will keep you grounded.
13. Longchamp Le Pliage Large Travel Bag ($135): This Le Pliage travel bag is perfect for your spring getaway. Not only is the bright color on point, but what we really love is how handy it is for bringing home all those souvenirs.
14. Molly M Gold Leather Clutch ($110): We see your classic clutch and raise you this sleek lustrous gold wristlet. The super light bag won’t slow you down on the dance floor and has enough space for your cards, cash, keys and makeup for a quick touchup.
15. Matt & Nat Abiko Clutch Bag ($85): Clutches with handles were huge on the Spring 2015 runways. And while you may not be able to drop $1,000 for a wallet-sized bag, this pretty purple number gives you the on-trend style without the hefty price tag.
16. Molly M #9 Leather Pouch ($60): Icy blue metallic leather and a laser-etched geometric print make this clutch look just as cool out on the streets as it does under flashing strobes.
17. Pine + Boon Hand Painted Convertible Clutch ($60): Another double-duty style, this hand-painted leather bag by Pine + Boon is sure to find its way into your go-to accessories rotation.
18. Kenneth Cole New York Dover Street Saffiano Leather Bucket Bag ($178): Bucket bags are still in, but to transition to spring in style, swap out your darker hue for a bright shade of tiger lily orange.
19. Tory Burch Brigitte Cosmetics Case ($78): Keep your cosmetics organized while you travel with a spring-ready case in a vibrant watercolor floral print.
20. Vagabond Leather Circle Crossbody Bag ($162): Think outside the box this spring with a pastel circle bag inspired by the Spring 2015 runway.
21. Zara Leather Tassel Shopper Bag ($139): At 20″ wide, this tote has some major potential. Load it up for the office, pack it for a weekend away or use it as an ultra chic way to carry around your kicks for the gym. Oh, the possibilities…
Right now we’re all about that medium length cut, but as hard as it is to believe, there will come a time when we’ll want those long locks back. We’re guessing it’ll be around mid-July when everything is boiling hot and all you want is to pull all your hair up into a messy top knot. So, because hair grows so frustratingly slow, this idea begs the age-old question: How can we make it grow faster? Biotin? Sure. Take care of those split ends? Definitely. Toss some Jell-O in your shampoo? Whaaat?!
No, we don’t just have the colorful dessert on our minds, it is rumored that Jell-O’s key ingredient, gelatin, can make your hair grow faster. Bet you never thought you’d be rubbing the flubbery substance all over your head for beauty’s sake – and truth be told, you probably still won’t. Well at least, that’s not really how the idea works. If you want a head full of Jell-O that’s on you, girl.
An expert by the name of Cristina B. tells Byrdie , “Glycine and gelatin are amazing for hair growth, amongst biotin and protein from the diet. It may sound gross, but gelatin is a mixture of peptides and proteins from the collagen of animal bones and byproducts.” So think of this idea as a weird way to up your protein intake, which has been proven to help lengthen hair.
Christina says, “Adding gelatin powder to your shampoo and conditioner is one way to see great benefits, or adding gelatin powder to a cup of tea once a day (it doesn’t mix well with cold drinks) can also help promote hair growth.” So, does this mean we should be sprinkling a packet of Jell-o into our Bumble and Bumble? Not exactly. In fact, you definitely shouldn’t do that considering some folks use Jell-o to dye their hair (we promise we’re not trying to make your brain explode here). Instead, grab a tin of unflavored, uncolored and unsweetened gelatin (you can find in on Amazon for about $19) and use that.
We’re a little skeptical, but then again we were also hesitant over whether baby powder made your lashes longer or red lipstick could cure under eye circles and that totally worked! Beauty is weird. The lesson we’ve learned is just to do whatever works for you. If that means you sprinkle some gelatin into your shampoo every now and again, go for it.
Time flies when you’re babbling with babes. After talking with a woman, men estimated the conversation to be nearly 3.5 minutes briefer if she was attractive, according to a Canadian study. Guys also recalled more discussion topics if they spoke with a hottie.
Because you’re trying to make a good impression, you focus more on both the conversation and your own words when chatting with a beautiful woman, explains study coauthor Ping Dong, a doctoral researcher at Toronto’s Rotman School of Management. And because your brain is more engaged, time tends to slip by without you noticing it, Dong adds.
But that's not the only way hot women mess with your mind:
They scramble your memory. After lying to impress a gorgeous girl, men had a harder time separating the truth from their fiction a few weeks later. Turns out, being dishonest with a potential sexual partner actually confuses your memory about the truth, finds a recent study from Texas Christian University. And the more you lie, the more your brain starts to accept those fibs as fact, the study authors say. (Sharpen your memory with these 7 Weird Brain Tricks That Make You Smarter.)
They make you impatient. Guys were more likely to accept crappy mortgage terms if a loan ad featured a beautiful woman. Men also opted for a smaller, short-term payout as opposed to more cash down the road after looking at sexy ladies. By stoking the reward centers of your brain, hot women cause you to discount the future and focus on immediate gratification, according to reports from McMaster University and the National Bureau of Economic Research.
They turn you into Robin Hood. Men are more likely to act selflessly and give money to the poor when attractive women are watching, shows a study from the U.K. The prospect of sex causes men to show off their altruistic side, which women find appealing, the authors explain. (But here's a bonus: Giving back is one of the many ways you can Use Science to Be More Attractive to Women.)
They give you a high. In a study at the University of Texas, guys experienced a drug-like buzz after viewing photos of hourglass-shaped female butts and hips. The right waist-to-hip ratio is a serious sign of reproductive potential, which sends a pleasure-packed jolt through the reward centers of a man’s brain, the researchers say.
We’re dreaming of spring, picnics and colorful dresses that can be thrown on and styled with flats, booties and soon enough, sandals. Shift dresses have a classic style that can easily be mixed into your wardrobe because they’re easy to layer under or over. While they’re reliable, shift dresses don’t have to be boring — we’ve found the best printed, patterned and colorful frocks for you to sport at your next brunch affair.
1. Short-Sleeve Brushstroke Shift ($139): Here’s an abstract print featuring a great color palette for spring. This effortless-looking shift can be layered with a blazer for work or paired with heels and a clutch for girls night.
2. Embroidered Chambray Dress ($40): You’re looking at the perfect weekend dress. It’s light, casual and easy to toss on for brunch. If you’re gearing up for festival season, you’ll want to layer this with necklaces and pair it with a hat.
3. Floral Print Embellished Shift ($101): A dreamy print, flowy sleeves and rhinestone collar detail make this dress a go-to for spring. Dress it up with heels and oodles of cocktail rings or wear it with some black booties for a laid-back, boho look.
4. Chiffon Color Block Dress ($24): This easy, breezy silhouette was made for casual days in brogues or flats. Wear it with a cute baseball top for added sportiness.
5. Split-Sleeve Printed Shift ($119): Channel your inner ’70s child with this fun, geometric print. The peekaboo sleeves show a little skin while providing coverage. Try this on with suede clogs or tall boots and make a groovy statement.
6. Sequined Shift ($119): Swap your LBD for something sparkly. This shimmering shift can also be dressed down with a chunky knit sweater and booties for a more subtle look.
7. Neon Lace Shift Dress ($125): Color + lace for spring? Yes, please! Accent this stunning frock with a royal blue clutch and strappy sandals for a knockout spring ensemble.
8. River Island Leopard Print Shift ($73): A playful leopard pattern makes this dress anything but drab. Style it with an armful of bracelets and some flats or even bright sneakers.
9. Bright Pink Short-Sleeved Dress ($23): Add some color to your wardrobe with this hot pink shift. For daytime, pair it with a denim jacket and crisp white sneakers. Wear with platforms and a sparkling statement necklace for night.
10. Line + Dot-Printed Dress ($149): Get artsy with a trendy brushstroke print. We love the colors in this piece and can’t wait to pair it with black tights and heeled booties for the perfect gallery opening — or wherever we’re headed — look.
11. Scallop Shift Dress ($59): Pastels are in season, and we love this sweet, peachy shift. The scalloped detail around the sleeves and hemline give it added flair. Pair it with a fresh spring face, gold jewels and a wedge sandal.
12. Tiered Color Block Shift ($129): Long live the shirtdress! This high-low color blocked dress is great for the office with tights or for an easy weekend outfit. The poppy color gives it a punch.
13. Landscape Painting Dress ($22): Get lost in the tropics with this bold print. It’s a great shift to throw on with sunnies and a slouchy bag for those bright days ahead.
Are you a fan of shifts or is there another silhouette you fancy? Let us know in the comments!