Let’s be honest: All those beautifully pinned updos are great to look at, but when you’re rushing to get ready in the morning, chances are you’re not going to spend thirty minutes pinning and teasing. But just because you chose to press the snooze button doesn’t mean you can’t sport some rockin’ locks that day. Rather than simply pulling your hair back in a pony and calling it good, why not grab a couple of bobby pins and trying one of these updated options that still have all the ease of a ponytail, but with a fashionable kick.
3. Deconstructed Pony: The perfect messy ponytail is a fickle thing. When you try you can never seem to get it quite right and when you don’t care at all, it looks perfect. Follow this how-to for a tousled pony that will work every time. (via Wit and Delight)
4. Inside-Out Ponytail: Even if you’re pressed for time, you can still give your pony a quick update with this trick. Tie your hair back into a low pony, then loosen it a little to create a hole in between the pony and the head. Finally, feed the ponytail through the hole from the top down. (via Pop Sugar)
6. Simply Twisted: For all you short-haired folks out there, this one is for you. To get this simple twisted style, all you have to do is pull the hair back into a low pony, leaving out two chunks on each side in front. Then twist and pin those sections into the base of the pony. (via The Beauty Department)
14. Dutch Pony: Unlike the basic braided side pony, this option braids both sides in an inside-out french braid. The end result looks almost like a braided heart that transitions into a ponytail. (via Barefoot Blonde)
15. Extra Long Pony: Looking for some extra length? This optical illusion pony will do just the trick. Actually two ponytails, the second one gets covered up by the first, making your hair look just like Rapunzel’s. (via Promise Tangeman)
What’s your go-to up-do? Share your favorite style (and maybe tutorial) with us in the comments below.