This Monday’s weekly outfit inspiration is all about showing your denim some love. Not just slipping a pair on at the last minute and tossing on a biker jacket to get out the door — we’re talking about actually planning an ensemble around your jeans. The ladies in these seven #ootds do just that, showing you that a t-shirt isn’t always your denim’s best partner in crime.
1. @fashionmakesyourlife: Style blogger Elena shows that your jeans can make just as much of a statement as your fancy outerwear. Put the two together and you’ve got an outfit sure to prompt double takes.
2. @seeannajane: Light gray jeans can tend to look ultra casual with go-to pairings like ankle boots and a plaid button down, but ‘grammer Anna Jane makes the pair undeniably chic by going monochrome. Start sourcing your gray separates to layer on a similarly striking chin-to-ankle look.
3. @bijuleni: Eleni nails the art of weaving the same hue throughout her outfit without looking too matchy-matchy, a tricky but not impossible way to polish even your most well-worn pair of jeans — and all on her very first style blog post. The subtle pops of honey yellow (even on her pumps) tie her entire outfit together flawlessly.
4. @negin_mirsalehi: Fashion blogger Negin proves that it pays to invest in next-level basics. It’s time to retire your Chucks and graphic tees: this is the way to style denim with sneakers and a tee. And if you don’t have a dreamy camel coat (+ bag to match), consider this your official call to action.
5. @malvasara: Turn your lived-in black skinnies into a glamorous style staple by tossing on the faux fur coat you bought to wow all holiday season long. Round out that head-turner like this street style star with just-as-refined elements like heeled booties and a structured bag, but go easy on the other accessories to keep that cool girl vibe.
6. @sonjanzprivat: You bought the fashion sneakers and cropped sweater, now put the athleasure look together like a true fashion girl. Follow fashion blogger Sonja’s cue and keep this made-for-denim look simple in both silhouette and color to achieve the perfect balance between sleek and sporty.
7. @morninggloryblog: Style and music blogger Ashley blueprints how you can put together a snappable outfit with pieces you probably already have in your closet, like a classic white button-down, a solid-colored sweater and of course your favorite pair of jeans. Attention to detail sets this everyday outfit apart: her layers peek out intentionally, styled to a tee with a mani to match her knit and a jacket that sets the focus, yet doesn’t hide her effort in the slightest.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.