Not too long ago, the only gym bags available were Jansport backpacks and duffle bags decked out with logos. Today, the sporty-chic trend has been making major waves in the fashion world. Top designers and labels like Stella McCartney and Acne are at the forefront, designing stylish bags with an athletic twist. If their triple-digit bags don’t agree with your wallet, fast-fashion labels are quickly catching on with cute, mesh-detailed backpacks and metallic fanny packs for under $100. Let’s face it: Getting inspired to work out is a lot easier when you have cute gear to show off. If you’re tired of stuffing your gym clothes into an ugly reusable shopping tote, take a peek at these 15 badass finds.
1. Carven Backpack ($374): What’s not to love about this abstract-print backpack? The print makes it super sporty, yet high-fashion, all at once.
2. Black Grommet Backpack ($70): This isn’t your average black backpack. From the leather fabric to the grommet details, we promise you’ll be using this bag for more than lugging around your workout clothes.
3. Adidas by Stella McCartney Yoga Bag ($70): We’re huge fans of Stella McCartney’s namesake label, but our hearts also hold a special place for her Adidas collaboration. This luxe, quilted design is the perfect bag to carry with you to that fancy yoga class (and beyond).
4. Pebbled Faux-Leather Tote ($28): The perfect day-to-night staple, this faux-leather tote not only comes with a detachable clutch, but also comes in two colors. Pack it full of your must-haves for day and then switch to just the clutch for a last-minute night on the town.
5. Quilted Bumbag ($38): The fanny pack is making a stylish comeback, and this quilted, metallic one takes the sartorial cake.
6. Classic Kanken Backpack ($75): If you can get it at J.Crew, then you know it’s good. This unisex, modern-day hiking pack was originally designed for Swedish schoolchildren. This classic daypack is made from durable, water-resistant nylon and is finished with utilitarian details (not to mention an undeniable cool factor).
7. Clare V. X Jean Stories Tote ($325): We’re just going to say it: anything Clare Vivier designs is absolute gold. The LA-based designer collaborated with denim-obsessed blog Jean Stories and created every cool girl’s dream tote. Did we mention this is an exclusive design? Get on it, ladies.
8. Gabbie Stud-Textured Backpack ($70): It’s sporty, luxe and spacious. What more could you want from a gym bag?
9. Smart Mesh Backpack ($65): Mesh anything instantly makes you look sporty. Add sleek leather into the mix and you get one rad gym bag.
10. BAGGU Gold Leather Tote ($160): Confession: We love shiny things. This metallic gold tote is perfect for transporting your gym clothes and other everyday essentials in style.
11. The Coal Bag ($90): We love when commerce and charity meet. Enter Stone + Cloth, the LA-based label that donates scholarships to underprivileged children. Plus, their well-made unisex bags are uber stylish.
12. LAMB Flynn Bag ($480): Sure, this bag is a little on the pricey side, but that’s what it costs to dress like Gwen Stefani. Just kidding. But seriously, you NEED this leather bag.
13. Mi-Pac All Stars Backpack ($42): Hey, baby, you’re a star. This backpack will garner you some major attention and envy in and out of the locker room — we promise.
14. Cook & Gates Indigo Mini Duffle ($135): Whether you’re taking a day trip or simply heading to that evening Soul Cycle class, this handy-dandy rich indigo bag will get you there.
15. Acne Olov Bomb Backpack ($353): This urban black backpack is effortless and understated. It’s the perfect bag for city commuters.
What’s your go-to gym bag? Are you a duffle, backpack or fanny kinda of girl? Tell us in the comments.