We’re dreaming of spring, picnics and colorful dresses that can be thrown on and styled with flats, booties and soon enough, sandals. Shift dresses have a classic style that can easily be mixed into your wardrobe because they’re easy to layer under or over. While they’re reliable, shift dresses don’t have to be boring — we’ve found the best printed, patterned and colorful frocks for you to sport at your next brunch affair.
1. Short-Sleeve Brushstroke Shift ($139): Here’s an abstract print featuring a great color palette for spring. This effortless-looking shift can be layered with a blazer for work or paired with heels and a clutch for girls night.
2. Embroidered Chambray Dress ($40): You’re looking at the perfect weekend dress. It’s light, casual and easy to toss on for brunch. If you’re gearing up for festival season, you’ll want to layer this with necklaces and pair it with a hat.
3. Floral Print Embellished Shift ($101): A dreamy print, flowy sleeves and rhinestone collar detail make this dress a go-to for spring. Dress it up with heels and oodles of cocktail rings or wear it with some black booties for a laid-back, boho look.
4. Chiffon Color Block Dress ($24): This easy, breezy silhouette was made for casual days in brogues or flats. Wear it with a cute baseball top for added sportiness.
5. Split-Sleeve Printed Shift ($119): Channel your inner ’70s child with this fun, geometric print. The peekaboo sleeves show a little skin while providing coverage. Try this on with suede clogs or tall boots and make a groovy statement.
6. Sequined Shift ($119): Swap your LBD for something sparkly. This shimmering shift can also be dressed down with a chunky knit sweater and booties for a more subtle look.
7. Neon Lace Shift Dress ($125): Color + lace for spring? Yes, please! Accent this stunning frock with a royal blue clutch and strappy sandals for a knockout spring ensemble.
8. River Island Leopard Print Shift ($73): A playful leopard pattern makes this dress anything but drab. Style it with an armful of bracelets and some flats or even bright sneakers.
9. Bright Pink Short-Sleeved Dress ($23): Add some color to your wardrobe with this hot pink shift. For daytime, pair it with a denim jacket and crisp white sneakers. Wear with platforms and a sparkling statement necklace for night.
10. Line + Dot-Printed Dress ($149): Get artsy with a trendy brushstroke print. We love the colors in this piece and can’t wait to pair it with black tights and heeled booties for the perfect gallery opening — or wherever we’re headed — look.
11. Scallop Shift Dress ($59): Pastels are in season, and we love this sweet, peachy shift. The scalloped detail around the sleeves and hemline give it added flair. Pair it with a fresh spring face, gold jewels and a wedge sandal.
12. Tiered Color Block Shift ($129): Long live the shirtdress! This high-low color blocked dress is great for the office with tights or for an easy weekend outfit. The poppy color gives it a punch.
13. Landscape Painting Dress ($22): Get lost in the tropics with this bold print. It’s a great shift to throw on with sunnies and a slouchy bag for those bright days ahead.
Are you a fan of shifts or is there another silhouette you fancy? Let us know in the comments!