This salmon recipe is out-of-this-world delicious! So easy to make yet taste like it came from a 5-star restaurant. Each serving has 266 calories, 12 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Salmon:
2 salmon fillets, 5 ounces each (I used wild salmon, see shopping tip below)
2 teaspoons flour, divided
2 teaspoons honey, divided
Juice from 1 lemon
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for Lemon Butter Sauce:
2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
A dash of salt and pepper
1. In a shallow dish, add salmon. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the fish. Let refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to marinate.
2. Remove salmon from the lemon juice and pat dry. Remove bottom skin if still on the salmon. Place salmon on a plate. Sprinkle both sides of each piece with 1 teaspoon flour (½ teaspoon per side) and spread flour to evenly coat. Evenly drizzle 1 teaspoon honey over each piece of salmon (½ teaspoon per side).
3. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in the pan. Swirl pan to evenly coat bottom and heat over medium heat. Carefully place both pieces of salmon in pan and cook over medium heat, 3-5 minutes per side until salmon has cooked through and bottom has nicely browned.
4. While salmon is cooking, make the sauce: Place butter in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, swirling pan occasionally, until butter is melted. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until garlic starts to lightly brown. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir often and continue to sauté for 1 minute. Rewarm if needed before drizzling over cooked salmon.
5. When salmon is fully cooked, plate salmon. Drizzle each fillet with ½ of the sauce. Serve immediately.
6. This recipe can easily be cut in ½ to serve one or can be doubled, tripled and so on.
Makes 2 servings
Shopping Tip Most supermarkets and health food markets sell wild salmon. Buy fresh, if possible or frozen and defrosted. You could also use Atlantic salmon for this recipe.
Weight Watchers (old points) 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving 266 cal, 12g fat, 5mg chol, 29g prot, 10g carbs, 0g fiber, 405mg sod, 6g sugar