Easter is just around the corner, y’all. And you know what that means? It’s time to get your bake on. We’re not talking about a simple carrot cake, because this time around it’s *all* about the egg. We’re taking it to the next level with 11 egg-shaped treats that are easy to make but will look ultra fabulous on your Easter dessert table. Let’s hop to it!
1. Cookie Pops: Not in the mood to make something super intricate? Just spread peanut butter on crackers and cover with icing and sprinkles. Yep, it’s that easy. (via Daily Crave)
2. Painted Cookies: It doesn’t get any more fun than painting food, right? Channel your inner artist and paint your favorite pattern onto a simply iced sugar cookie. (via Brit + Co)
3. Marshmallow Truffles: We’re sure these marshmallow truffles will be a total hit at your Easter bash, because who doesn’t love a yummy marshmallow treat? (via Taste and Tell)
4. Oatmeal Peanut Butter Eggs: What do you get when you mix together rolled oats, syrup, chocolate chips and a few other basics? The cutest (and yummiest!) granola bar egg we’ve ever seen. (via Savy Naturalista)
5. Easter Egg Fudge: This could be the easiest fudge EVER. Use chocolate chips, peanut butter cups and condensed milk to DIY this yummy recipe. (via Brit + Co)
6. Sugar Cookies: Who doesn’t love a good sugar cookie? Use your fave recipe and a cookie cutter to shape ‘em into eggs. Oh, and don’t forget about the gorgeous ombre icing. (via The Kitchen McCabe)
7. Rice Krispies Cookies: Amp up your basic Rice Krispies treat by shaping them into eggs and adding a few colorful sprinkles. (via Spaceships and Laser Beams)
8. Oreo Truffles: If you’re going for an ultra classy dessert, these Oreo Truffles are a must-try. Oh, and did we mention they only take four ingredients to make? Score. (via Gimme Some Oven)
9. Robins Egg Speckled Cookies: We’re thinking these might be the prettiest Easter treats in all the land. And that robin’s-egg look is a nice alternative the traditional brightly colored frosting. (via The Miniature Mouse)
10. Marshmallow Easter Eggs: If you have a little extra time on your hands, try DIYing these fluff-filled marshmallow Easter eggs. Cover homemade marshmallows with melted chocolate and add your favorite detailing. (via Mel’s Kitchen Cafe)
11. Macarons: It’s no secret that macarons are all the rage these days, so why not whip up a batch for your dessert table? We’re especially loving the bright pastel colors and cute icing designs on these. (via Get Creative Juice)
What’s your go-to treat to make for Easter? Share your faves in the comments.